Sunday, November 29, 2009

Verve Blog Party Challenge 1


Verve Stamps had a huge party Friday on the Verve Blog to celebrate the November release. Throughout the day several challenges were issued. First up was a color challenge: Turquoise, Olive, Black and White.
I needed a birthday card to send to my son's girlfriend, so I used the challenge to create a card for Sarah on her 22nd birthday (she thinks she's getting old!). I wanted to use this scrap of Basic Grey paper which had the turquoise and green in it. I had to choose a slightly different version of olive for this to all come together. I used Papertrey Ink's New Leaf cardstock in place of olive. The ribbon is Stampin' Up's striped grosgrain in black. I used Verve's Wishing You stamp set for the sentiment on the front (which I embossed) and completed it with another sentiment from this set on the inside which says "a very happy birthday". I sponged the edges of the sentiment with some Stampin' Up Turquoise and some PTI New Leaf ink. A few black rhinestones and my Martha Stewart lace doily punch rounded out the project.
I hope Sarah has a wonderful birthday and years of them to follow! Oh, and I hope I win some Verve goodies!
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI New Leaf CS, PTI True Black CS, PTI White CS, Basic Grey Lemonade PP
Stamps: Verve Wishing You
Accessories: cuttlebug, Spellbinders Scalloped Circle dies, Martha Stewart Lace Doily punch, sponge, SU Striped Black grosgrain, embossing powder, the Paper Studio black gemstones