Sunday, November 29, 2009

Verve Blog Party Challenge 3


And onto Verve Challenge Number Three! This Blog Party challenge included using embellishments that begin with the letters in V*E*R*V*E. I used two E's, an epoxy sticker and embossing and an R, ribbon. I also dragged out the Cricut for this one. Now I've spent a fortune on my Cricut, the software and cartridges, but I don't use it near as much as I should. Still, I thought I could create a great band for my recycled glass jar. This is a used candle jar which my mother completely cleaned out for me. I filled it with some delicious candies and then went to work on the band.
I used the Mini Monograms cartridge and my Design Studio software to weld the oval shape and the square into a band. Then, I created a coordinating mat for it. I used the Verve Believe stamp set for the flower which I stamped and then heat embossed and filled in with copic markers. I put an epoxy sticker in the center of the flower and added a cute red bow.
I missed one of my coworkers birthdays last week and feel just horrible, but I had had a crazy week and just couldn't get my little cookie box finished before school let out for the holiday. So, to make it up to her, I'm giving her the jar of candies and my usual "cookie box" which is just a mini pizza box filled with a couple of homemade cookies. Since, I was giving her both, I made them a coordinated set. On the top of the box, I stamped the sentiment from the Verve Birthday Surprise stamp set and heat embossed it. Then, I added another of the red bows. Hope she'll forgive the tardiness of the gift!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Ridinghood Red CS, DCWV Nana's Kitchen Stack PP
Stamps: Verve Birthday Surprise and Believe
Accessories: Cricut, Mini Monograms cartridge, Design Studio software, cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Oval and Scalloped Oval dies, embossing powder, SU Large Oval Punch, PTI Pure Poppy Satin Ribbon, ColorBok epoxy stickers