Sunday, November 29, 2009

Verve Blog Party Challenge 2


WooHoo! Challenge number 2 over at the Verve Blog Party Release was a sketch challenge with a twist of thankfulness. You can check out the sketch here. This card is 8.25 X 3.75, a little untraditional but seemed to work well with the sketch.
I had a piece of patterned paper from some Basic Grey Wassail that I bought last Christmas and I thought it had some really great colors in it. I paired it with some new PTI Terracotta Tile cardstock which I ran through a cuttlebug Textile embossing folder. I accented these papers with Stampin' Up's Always Artichoke cardstock.
The stamps are a Verve freebie "thanks"(I always get a freebie when I order from Verve and very fast service!), and a sentiment and flourish from the Verve All About You set stamped in SU Dusty Durango and Always Artichoke. The rhinestones are Prima's Say It in Crystals.
Hmm, maybe I'll send this to my SIL who was kind enough to feed us this Thanksgiving. And there was a lot of food to be thankful for!



Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Kraft CS, PTI Terracotta Tile CS, PTI Rustic White CS, Stampin' Up Always Artichoke CS, Basic Grey Wassail PP
Stamps: Verve All About You
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Textile embossing folder, Spellbinders Classic Oval Die, Spellbinders Scalloped Oval Die, Prima Say It in Crystals rhinestones