Thursday, February 11, 2010

Almost Valentine's

I've been busy as Cupid trying to get all my Valentine's gifts ready for Friday. Here's a peek at what I'm taking to the school for all our staff members. I decided to go a little non-traditional on the colors focusing in on a soft melon color rather than pink or red.
LSS has a great cut file for these little bags.The set of four different bags is called Pretty Favor SVG. I used my Cricut and SCAL software to cut these out. A couple of the bags have a decorative edge, but I decided to use the plain one and punch the top edge out with my Fiskars border punch. I resized the bags and was able to get four bags out of one 12X12 piece of cardstock.
These are pretty small but I needed forty and didn't want to go broke filling them, so I purposely kept them small. However, my principal has a sweet tooth and always gives me a hard time if the treats I hand out don't have enough candy in them. So, I made a special bag for him that I could really fill with sugary treats!
I used a different bag from the same set. I didn't want it too frilly so I added a stamp from the LSS Love Grows Here stamp set and a little bit of ribbon. Simple but filled with delicious calories!
There's still time to get your Valentine a card made. Head on over to Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. She's running a great special right now. I even know of some folks who are already working on their Christmas cards for next year. Wish I could do it, but the mood is long gone! Check out all the design team blogs. You're sure to find some great eye candy!

Project Recipe
Paper: DCWV The Whimsy Stack and Garden Party Stack
Tools: Cricut, SCAL, Pretty Favors SVG, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, copic markers
Embellishments: various ribbons (PTI and Hobby Lobby)