Thursday, February 25, 2010

Punchin Up the Digis

I get so many ideas for cards and projects throughout the day, but I forget about 90% before I ever start crafting. I've even tried writing them down as they occur and this helps, but sometimes I can't remember what my notes meant or I lose my notes! But I saw a card on the talented Cheryl Gorka's blog She Stamps which reminded of a technique I had been wanting to try.Cheryl used Flower Soft (something else I need to remember to work with some more), but I had been wanting to take one of the branches from the LSS Birds and Branches digital stamp set and add punched flowers to it.
This was so easy and I loved adding the flowers. I just sized the branch to fit the card, printed it out, and colored with copics. I, then, just punched a few flowers with a small flower punch, added the centers from a retired SU Simply Scrappin kit, and glued the flowers to the branch. I used a similar but larger punch to accent the sentiment which is from a PTI set. The two brown stripes are also from the Simply Scrappin kit.
Wonder what the talented ladies of the Lindsay's Stamp Stuff design team have been up to this week? Be sure to go find out and don't miss Lindsay's blog. She's got some free goodies for you today in addition to the great eye candy!
Project Recipe
Paper: GinaK White Pure Luxury CS, SU Rose Red DSP
Stamps: LSS Birds and Branches, PTI Vintage Picnic Sentiments
Tools: EK Success flower punches, copic markers
Embellishments: SU Simply Scrappin kit, PTI Vintage Holiday Mix button