Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spring Flower Basket

It's raining again! Not a bad thing, I know. We need the rain, but still I miss sunshine (don't quote me on that this summer when I'm complaining about the heat!). Anyway, I was at Walmart the other day and just couldn't resist picking up one tiny little blooming plant. It's still too early for spring flowers, so I'm creating a garden in my craft room!
I've had the template for this cute picnic basket for a while now, but this is the first time I've actually used it. You can get the template at Papertrey Ink under My Timeless Templates.It was super easy to put together. I paired the great little basket with a very appropriate sentiment from Sweet N Sassy Digital Stamps. This is from the Springtime Blessing set. If you haven't been to SNS lately, you really need to go see all the new stuff. The new releases have me completely jonesing for Spring!
I used some buttons on the picnic basket handle and on the ribbon in order to meet the SNS Digi Day Challenge at SNR. Micki challenged us to use buttons on our project. Oh, and if you meet the challenge and post before Monday morning, there's a beautiful freebie in it for you!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Blush Blossom CS, PTI Scarlet Jewel CS, DCWV Farmer's Market PP
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Labels Four Nestabilities dies, PTI Pack a Picnic Template, Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, SU Horizontal Slot punch
Embellishments: buttons, twine (PTI), PTI Sweet Blush Saddle stitched ribbon