Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Spring Preview

I'm making my first guest appearance over at SNS Digi Blog, so be sure to stop by over there and give me a shout out! I created three projects for my first post over there. I guess I was little overexcited, huh! But SNS released a slew of new images this week and I had so much fun creating projects to complement them.
The first project was created with Benjamin Bunny, who is the most adorable of creatures. He needs to make an appearance at every holiday: Halloween, Christmas, Rosh Hashana, all of them! But for this project, I geared him up for Easter.
I used the 3-D Mailbox Template from LSS to create this little mailbox for Benjamin to sit in front of and wait for his Easter presents to arrive. You can see this earlier post for more details on the mailbox and for another example of it, but I used the template with my Cricut and SCAL software.
Next, I used SNS One of a Kind set. It has one image and two special sentiments.
I finally broke out my Celtic Knot Embossing folder for this one which I thought paired nicely with my Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Border punch. After coloring the image with my copic markers and prisma pencils, I printed out the sentiment and punched it out with a one-inch circle punch. I used the sentiment for the center of my two flowers. Great card to give to someone truly special!
Then, I found this tutorial for the tote bag and created a pretty bag to hold some inexpensive bath salts and tablets. I used the elegant SNS Fluttering By image and sentiment to decorate this pretty bag.
I again colored the image with copics, cut it out with Nestabilities Label 4 dies, and sponged the edges. Then, I created this tissue paper flower with a rhinestone brad center. I love purses, especially paper purses!
Be sure to head straight to Sweet N Sassy Digis to see all of their great images.
Project Recipe
(Benjamin Bunny)
Paper: SU Parisian Breeze (retired), Paper Studio The Basics (Hobby Lobby), Blue cardstock (unknown), GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: SNS Benjamin Bunny
Tools: Cricut, SCAL software, LSS 3-D Mailbox Template, cuttlebug, Spellbinders Label One Nestabilities dies, SU Eyelet Lace Border punch, heart punch (unknown), copics, prisma pencils
Embellishments: Paper Studio Designer Silk Flower Brads
(One of a Kind)
Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate CS, PTI Enchanted Evening CS, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS, Blue PP (unknown scrap)
Stamps: SNS One of a Kind
Tools: Cuttlebug, Celtic Knot embossing folder, Spellbinders Long Rectangle and Scalloped Long Rectangle Nestabilities diesMartha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, EK Success 1-inch circle punch, copic markers, prisma pencils. Waterfall Stickles
Embellishments: Prima flower, Paper Studio flower, SU Certainly Celery ribbon
(Fluttering By Tote)
Paper: SU Sweet Nothings PP (retired), PTI Raspberry Fizz CS, SU Pretty in Pink CS, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: SNS Fluttering By
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Labels Four Nestabilities dies, SU Tab punch, EK Success 2-inch Scallop Circle punch, copic markers, foam sponge brush
Embellishments: Paper Studio Rhinestone brads (clear and pink), Watermelon Stickles, PTI Raspberry Fizz Grosgrain ribbon, tissue paper