Monday, February 15, 2010

SSS43

Nicole at The Sweet Stop Challenge Blog left some really sweet comments on my blog the other day and invited me to  try one of her challenges. I'm not good with challenges. I'm too OCD and try to match everything up EXACTLY to the sketch. I always admire crafters who look at the challenge as a jumping off point and then come up with a creative take on it. But armed with Nicole's praises, I decided to give this one a try.
Yep, looks pretty much exactly like the sketch but I like the sketch so that's a good thing! I colored the cute Rocking Horse image with my copics and prisma pencils. Then, I recreated the horse's bow with my own bow made from some sheer ribbon I found at Walmart. And, yea! I used my new SU Scallop Trim border punch.
I agonized over this one, but I really liked the colors that came together and had fun trying to create all the pieces so I could "match" the challenge sketch. I may have to try another one soon!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Bermuda Bay Textured CS, SU Close To Cocoa CS, PTI Spring Moss CS, Gina K White Pure Luxury CS, My Mind's Eye PP
Stamps: SNS Rocking Horse, PTI Heartfelt Basics (sentiment)
Tools: Cricut, Accent Essentials Cartridge, SU Scallop Trim Border punch, copic markers, prisma pencils, bow easy
Embellishments: PTI Holiday Mix button, Doodlebug Designs jewels, Offrey sheer ribbon