Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday with Mom 4

It's never too early to start thinking of Father's Day! Well, I haven't really thought of Mother's Day yet, but the idea for this card came to me and I thought I better get it done while the mojo was there, kwim!
I used the LSS Jean Pocket, a digital stamp from the LSS Patriotic Collection Digital Stamp set to create the pocket on the front of this card. This week's Monday with Mom inspiration came from the Stamptv video on eyelets, so Mom and I created cards that used eyelets. BUT, I cheated. I couldn't find the eyelet in the right size and color that I wanted for this project, but I had some faux eyelets made by Cloud 9 Rain Dots. I used them to create rivets for my jean pocket. The "bandanna" in the pocket is some Martha Stewart paper my son and his fiancee gave me for Christmas. I used a couple of Stampin Up punches to create the "label" on the pocket. The stitching on the "belt loops" is faux stitching provided by Daisyd's.A little brown ribbon provides the belt.
There are lots of great images in this set. Be sure to check them all out at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. AND....don't forget tomorrow is the big Blog Hop, Birthday Crop, and Super Sale all starting at Lindsay's Blog! Come Shop, Hop, and Crop with all of us!
Mom used another set from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff called Fancy Flowers. She used real eyelets (she never cheats!). Look how pretty the coloring is on her flowers!
And, then, how clever to "tie" the flowers up by running twine through two eyelets. To accent the sentiment, she bordered them with eyelets and put a brad through the holes which gives a little color "pop" to the card!
Happy Monday! Be sure to check back the rest of the week for more great ideas for LSS digital stamps! It's going to be a great week!
Project Recipe
Paper: Core'dinations Vintage Collection CS, Martha Stewart Bandanna Paper Pad, SU Chocoalte Chip CS, Neenah White Classic Solar Crest CS
Stamps: LSS Patriotic Collection Digital Stamp, PTI Star Prints (sentiment)
Tools: SU Window Punch, SU Modern Label Punch, Crop-a-dile
Embellishments: Cloud 9 Metallics Eyelets Rain Dots, DaisyD's stitching, PTI Dark Chocolate Grosgrain ribbon