Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday With Mom 5

We did it again! Mom and I visited Stamptv for a little inspiration this week and found a tutorial on easy piercing. This involved using a sewing machine to create piercing on a card. It's supposed to be easier than using a paper piercer and it probably was for Mom since she's been sewing for years, but I'm not sure I've master the straight stitch. My pierced border looks a little crooked but hopefully that just gives it a more homespun look!
There's a great new image at Sweet n Sassy called Molly's Flower. Molly is soooo cute! Please buy thousands of these and beg Korin to do some more stamps with Molly! I loved coloring her.
Isn't she just adorable?
Mom put her sewing machine to good use, too. She created this beautiful Mother's Day card. Hmmm! I need one of those. Wonder if she'd let me have it (wink)!
The embossing is just gorgeous on this and yes, her piercing is perfectly straight. I really love the fresh colors on this and the elegance of the pearls.
We'd like to challenge all of you to find someone to craft with and do a joint project or share a challenge and see what you each come up with! Then, join us again next week for Monday with Mom!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Sage Shadow and Chocolate Chip CS, My Mind's Eye PP, Neenah White Classic Crest Solar CS
Tools, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Rectangles and Deckled Rectangles Nestabilities, Janome sewing machine, copic markers, chalk
Embellishments: PTI Aqua Mist twill ribbon and twine, button, Paper Studio half pearls (colored with copics and an airbrush)