Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Fantastic Shoe

I really hate to shop (well, not for craft supplies), but I've been having to do a lot of it lately because I'm getting ready for a two-week trip to New York City and Washington, D.C. I leave Tuesday and I really didn't have enough clothes to hold me over for two weeks. So, I've been making short little runs for one thing or the other hoping that if I didn't spend all day at it, it wouldn't be so bad. It pretty much still was bad! But I've got enough clothes that you shouldn't have to hear about the naked tourist in D.C. on the headline news this month!
Still, all this shopping has got me thinking about fashion (maybe not high fashion!) and I grabbed some of that thinking for my project today. Lindsay has a great little (not so little really) digital stamp set called It's a Girl Thing.

Lots of cute images here for girls of all ages. I grabbed a little pump and colored it with my copics. The background of the card is embossed with the cuttlebug textile embossing folder and I used SCAL and Cricut to cut out the dressing dummy which was then wrapped with a piece of ribbon and pierced with a hat pin. This makes a bold statement without requiring a lot of work and I didn't have to leave home to get these shoes!!!
One thing that makes shopping a little easier is a SALE! And LSS has a great sale going on right now through Saturday.

I wish all my shopping could be this easy! Be sure to check out all the great bargains at LSS. Don't forget to stop by Lindsay's blog for a peek at what all she's been creating as well as a freebie! Then, pop over to the Design Team blogs for even more inspiration.
Happy Crafting!
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI White CS, SU Pixie Pink CS, SU Day and Night DSP
Stamps: LSS It's a Girl Thing, Verve Fairy Tales (sentiment)
Tools: Cricut, SCAL, Cuttlebug, Textile Embossing folder, Spellbinders Classic and Deckled Ovals Nestabilities Dies, copic markers
Embellishments: PTI True Black Dotted Satin ribbon, Making Memories Wedding pins