Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Cuppa Tea

A few things influenced this card: (1) the beautiful rose image in the SNS June Rose Clear Stamp Set, (2) the My Time Made Easy Tea Cup cut file (used with my Cricut), (3) the SCS Sketch challenge, and (4) the Shabby Tea Room Design Team search inspiration piece. All of the influences combined with my love of all things tea related produced this card.
I wanted to created a monochromatic china pattern for my tea cup and I liked the pattern so much, I decided to create background paper that matched. I really liked Sweet n Sassy's Birthday Month digis, but I am lovin' them as clear stamps. I'm definitely going to collect all twelve!
The paper flower was created with some cardstock and a flower punch. You can find the instructions I used here. After it dried, I spritzed it with Smooch Spritz in vanilla. I added a heart-shaped paper doily behind the tea cup.
I just love how pretty it all is. I think I'll try another one with a different color. I love black and pink, but for some reason I feel like I use it too much. However, when I look back at my older posts or projects, I don't see too much of it! Anywhoo, you should do what you like when crafting. That's what it's all about!
Happy Crafting!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Pixie Pink and Certainly Celery, PTI White
Stamps: SNS June Rose, SU Teeny Tiny Wishes (sentiment)
Tools: Cricut, SCAL, My Time Made Easy A Spot of Tea cut file, SU Modern Label, Word Window, flower punch, Martha Stewart Lace Doily border punch
Embellishments: Heart-shaped doily (Walmart)