Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's a Remake

Usually I create a card and either send it to someone or file it away for sending it or giving it away. I made this card back in April:
Now, I really liked this card. It just was fun with the big flower, the paper-pieced umbrella and the cheery colors, BUT...
It didn't hold together very well for some reason. The flower came off, the cardstock was kind of flimsy and it lacked a sentiment. So, I decided to salvage this card that I loved so much and here's what I came up with:
The original was great but this one is just special! And I didn't really do that much to it. I cut the original embossed card base and adhered it to some pink cardstock which is the new base. I changed out the flower and then the finishing touch was the sentiment. I can't wait to try this same card in some different papers and colors. That umbrella which you can find in the LSS set called Puddle Fun is so easy to paper piece. I'm not much of a paper-piecer because I hate to cut really fine details, but this one is really easy!
Anyway, that's how you save a card gone bad!
Be sure to head to Lindsay's blog and the LSS store. Lots of fun stuff and lots of digital freebies! Then, check out the amazing work of the very talented design team. Very crafty bunch of ladies!
Happy Crafting!