Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's a Twofer

Two for one special today! I wanted to play in the The Shabby Tea Room Challenge this week and I wanted to play with Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Steampunk stamp set and I just wasn't clever enough to combine the two, so I created two separate cards.
This first one is for the The Shabby Tea Room Christmas in July Challenge. Honestly, I'm not ready for Christmas cards, but I grabbed the LSS Christmas Potpourri Digital Stamp set and gave it my best. This is the second Christmas card I've done this week, but I'm just not feeling it! Still I am pretty pleased with how all of this turned out. It has a quaint, vintage feel to it which is what I was going for.
I kept the greens handy for this next card, too, but went much softer with the color scheme. This card uses the
 LSS Steampunk Stamp set and I just think it's super cute! 


 I printed out the stamp, aged it with some distressing ink, lightly colored in the floral pattern in the image with my copics, and then I sponged some VersaMark ink over the image. I sprinkled the image with some antique gold embossing powder so that it looks muted and weathered. I found the tutorial for the little flower here. It was fun to make, super easy, and a good way to use up some unused flowers.
Now, you are all set to see what the rest of the design team has created for today. It's sure to provide loads of inspiration. Stop off at Lindsay's blog if you haven't already done so. She's sure to have a surprise or two up her sleeve, and don't forget to visit the store to take a look at this cool Steampunk set.
Cheers!