Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday with Mom 10

Now that the plane has landed, I'm back home, and I've unpacked and sorted through stuff, it was time to do another Monday with Mom segment. However, I'm running a little late. I got a new tv for the craft loft and directv was scheduled to come this morning and upgrade my receiver. Therefore, I had everything under the tv moved off to another corner of the room out of the way. Directv serviceman did not show up this morning and so photographing my card has been a challenge. I've also been tied up with getting everything ready for them when they do show up, so long story short...this is running a little late! What else is new!
We were inspired again by GinaK's project of Stamptv which was Christmas in July. I've seen a few Christmas in July projects out in blog land, but it sure is hard to start on Christmas cards in this heat! Making things a little easier for me, is this adorable new set of clear stamps from Sweet N Sassy called O Christmas Tree which should be released July 26th!
It's the cutest little Christmassy stamp set but I kept blowing it with my coloring. Finally, I opted to create a vintage photo look with it using a washed out (faded) color scheme and lots of warm gray. Then, I sponged all but the very center of the image and distressed the edges. I added a little crocheted ribbon to the bottom of the "photo" to further the vintage feel of the card.
Now, let's take a look at Mom's fab project! She makes the best Christmas tags, packaging, and cards!!
Isn't that cool! She added Stickles to the antlers for cheery Christmas sparkle and, of course, a red nose for Rudolph!The paper and embossing are so perfect for this card. Maybe Mom can make all my Christmas cards for me this year (wink)!