Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Sweet Little Sketch

I saw the sketch and Korin's great card over on the The Sweet Stop and decided to play around today with it. I haven't been able to spend much time up here in the craft loft lately, but I spent most of yesterday waiting on my Directv upgrade to be installed so I had time to play!
Usually, sketches kind of scare me, but for some reason this one grabbed my imagination. I especially liked using the 3D sticker butterfly. If you've read my blog very much, you've pretty much figured out that I don't like to hand cut things. I'm good with a Cricut, dies, and punches, but actual cutting with scissors totally scares me off (and craft knives make me hyperventilate). So, it was great to find an image that was all precut for me! The sentiment was the real source of inspiration for me! The sentiment is from a Sweet N Sassy clear stamp set called Sentiments for Him, but obviously this isn't just for the guys.
Project Recipe
Paper: Prima The Breathe Collection and The Sasha Collection PP, PTI White, Orange Zest, Spring Rain CS
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Scalloped Heart Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, the Bow Easy, EK Success Zig Zag border punch
Embellishments: PTI Orange Zest Saddle-stitched ribbon, Studio 18 Dimensional stickers