Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sew Thoughtful

I still have a couple of thank you notes to send out from my birthday, so I created this vintage style thank you card for one of my crafting buddies who admires copic coloring. This is a classic little image from LSS called Sewing Stuff. You can grab it for less than $2 and there's also a great companion set in the shop called Sew Pretty. There are lots of very pretty options between these two stamp sets.
I played along with the Shabby Tea Room challenge this week which was a one, two, three challenge (one ribbon, two button, and three punches/dies). I colored some white seam binding to create my ribbon and make the bow, grabbed a couple of buttons from the jar (I don't even know any more where these buttons came from), and used two deckled rectangle dies from spellbinders and a SU border punch. I had to, of course, add some sewing to this and a little distressing.
Don't forget to head over to Lindsay's blog today to see what all she has for you. There's usually a digital freebie involved, and you definitely want to check out what the rest of the design team has created! Be sure to see all the gorgeousness over at the The Shabby Tea Room, too.
Cheers!