Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Watermelon Kind of Day

The super hot temperatures remind me that it is definitely summer, and what's better on a hot summer day than a juicy slice of watermelon! If you're looking for some great, fruity summer digi stamps, look no further than Lindsay's Stamp Stuff and this Strawberries and Watermelon stamp set.
Don't those images look absolutely juicy!!! I chose the seed packet and colored it with my copics. I added some ruffled ribbon and a leftover heart-shaped paper doily. A few little buttons were added to the corner for a homespun look. The sentiment is from the GinaK set Heartily Yours.
Be sure to check out what the LSS design team has created and make Lindsay's blog your first stop if you haven't been there yet. She's got a great little freebie as well as some inspiration for one of her newest sets!
On a personal note: I'm so glad to be home after two weeks in New York and Washinton, DC. It was a fantastic trip, but I've been dying to get back to my husband and my craftroom (and my own private bathroom!). I'm very slowly going through all my trip purchases, dirty laundry, and souvenirs. And, I've got loads of homework that still needs doing. It seems like as soon as I finish one thing, two more things pop up! Know the feeling? I so want to spend the weekend in the craft loft but I'm not sure how much quality time I will have up here. Stay tuned, though, as soon as I can, I will be crafting away!
Cheers!
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Kraft CS, SU Real Red CS
Stamps: LSS Strawberries and Watermelon, GinaK Heartily Yours (sentiment)
Tools: ScorePal, copics
Embellishments: Heart-shaped paper doily (Walmart), Ribbon FX (Hobby Lobby), Prima Holiday Poinsettia buttons