Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Its in the Mail

When I was in high school, my favorite color, bar none, was pink! I even had a pink stone put in my school ring just because it would match my clothes. I don't have a favorite color any more. I'm always stumped when someone asks me that because I like them all (maybe not so much orange) depending on their shade and intensity. But I've definitely been in a pink mood these last few crafting days. Cupid's shot me with the pink arrow of love, I guess. Here's a project that's certainly strong on the pink end, and it's absolutely adorable!!!

Do you not just love these little mailboxes for Valentine's gift giving? I know lots of people head to Target's dollar bin this time of year to pick up metal mailboxes. Well, I never get there in time, nor do I feel inclined to drive 40 miles to the nearest Target. This little cutie was made using my Cricut, SCAL software, and Lindsay's Stamp Stuff SVG file. Yes, LSS is selling cut files! I did scale this 3D Mailbox Template so that I could use one sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 inch cardstock (go here to see a bigger one that I created).  You can make them larger to utilize a 12X12 sheet and you can break the file apart in SCAL and enlarge each piece to make them even bigger. But this small one is really the perfect size. (By the way, the 3D Mailbox Template also comes with a PDF version you can print out on your cardstock and cut by hand)
The little heart shaped card is made with a new digital stamp set from LSS called Love Grows Here. Super cute set even if you don't make Valentine's projects/cards. I used my Classic Hearts Spellbinders die to create a heart shaped card. I colored the little birdie with my copics, of course.
I pulled out some unused SU Raspberry Tart DSP on this, added a little bit of polka dotted ribbon which came from one of my Christmas presents and knew I had to save, made a felt flower which I teamed up with a couple of other flowers from my stash, and this little mail box is ready to send to my favorite somebody! Speaking of recycling from Christmas, be sure to participate in the Recycled Challenge: make a card with a digital stamp and a recycled item then post a link to your card on Lindsay's blog or in the What’s digital Stamping yahoogroup. A random winner will get a stamp set of her choice from Lindsay’s Stamp Stuff!
Seen/heard enough? If not, I've got one more project to share with you today. Check out this card I created with the new LSS Love Grows Here Digital Stamp set.

Once again I used some ribbon I grabbed off a Christmas present my dear friend Wyndi gave me. You can see a bit of it behind the flowers and image and behind the sentiment. Don't ya just love that heart shaped cherry on the cupcake with all the little heart sprinkles? The cute paper is from a pack that I won from Mel at Tuesday Morning Sketches a couple of months ago. I love how fun and yummy it looks paired with the cupcake. 
The LSS design team is back after a two week holiday. Go see what everyone got for Christmas and how they are using it to be even more creative. Click on the links on my sidebar or head over to Lindsay's blog for a first stop.
Project Recipe
(Mailbox)
Paper: SU Pretty in Pink CS,SU Rose Red CS, SU Raspberry Tart DSP, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Tools: Cricut, SCAL, LSS 3D Mailbox template, Fiskars Effervence Border Punch, small heart punch,  (unknown), cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Hearts Nestabilities die, Cuttlebug flower die, copic markers
Embellishments: SU red brad, pink buttons (unknown), Making Memories Blossoms and Button Lemonade flower, Paper Studio flower, recycled ribbon
(cupcake card)
Paper: PTI Spring Moss and Raspberry Fizz CS, Gina K White Pure Luxury CS, K&Company Cut 'N Paste Mat Pad
Stamps: LSS Love Grows Here Digital stamp set, PTI Handwritten Notes (sentiment)
Tools: cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circle dies, EK Success Circle punches, copic markers. Fiskars border punch
Embellishments: Prima flowers, PTI Holiday Mix Vintage buttons, recycled ribbon