Thursday, August 5, 2010

Juicy Summer Treats

I have maybe two days left to finish off this semester and I am sooo ready to get all my assignments finished and turned in. I can almost taste all that extra crafting time I'll have on my hands. You would not believe what a disaster my craft loft is in. I have some new goodies to  play with (and a Stampin' Up order due Friday!), but first I've got FIND my craft table and computer desk. I think they are there somewhere under all the scraps and remnants and half done projects! Keep your fingers crossed that Saturday will be homework-free and craft happy!
One of my most favoritest sets from LSS is this delicious Strawberries and Watermelon set, and with temperatures almost hitting the triple digit mark, I thought this little card might help someone feel a little cooler.
Watermelons make me think of old-fashioned summer picnics or get-togethers and I really wanted this card to convey that feeling. I colored the image with my copics. The papers are by Cosmo Cricket and I did a little distressing on them. I added some black Stickles to the watermelon seeds in the image and then added some adhesive gemstones from the Paper Studio to the bottom of the card because they reminded me of the watermelon seeds.
Don't forget to check out Lindsay's blog to see what creative genius she's been up to, and also hop the blogs of her uber talented design team. These ladies have been smokin up the challenge blogs lately. Their stuff is everywhere winning all kinds of challenges and awards! Yes, they're that good! When you are all done, head over to the store and grab some fabulous digi stamps. You know you need a reason to stay in the air conditioning!!!