Monday, June 22, 2009

Birthday Cookies

Two of my bunco buddies have birthdays on the SAME day! So, I was trying to come up with some little something to give each of them. My cake in a can didn't work out like I planned. I tried cupcakes, but things didn't go right there either. I was going to do candy, but I found these two beautiful packages of cookies at Hobby Lobby. I don't really know if the cookies are all that good, but the packaging was just gorgeous!
I created cards for each that matched the packaging. I used my Sizzix flower dies on each card. In the blue and green card, it's just a background layer for a purchased green polka dotted flower. I also used SU's new Circle Circus stamps as flower centers for both cards. Flirty bows on each and some PTI papers finished off the look! Wish I could take credit for the packaging, but I must say I love it when things come together!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Certainly Celery CS, SU Melon Melon Mambo CS, SU Old Olive CS, PTI Spring Moss CS, PTI Spring Rain CS, PTI White Shimmer CS, PTI Bitty Dots Basics and Friends Til the End PP, Paper Studio PP
Stamps: SU Circle Circus, SU On Your Birthday
Ribbon: PTI Hibiscus Grosgrain ribbon, green sheer ribbon (unknown)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Sizzix Flower Layers and Flower Layers #3 dies, SU eyelet punch, SU Large Oval Punch and various circle punches, EK Success border punch, Paper Studio brads, buttons and flowers