Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tool Time

Yep, Father's Day is right around the corner. I never know what to get my father, much less my father-in-law. Usually we get him a gift card. So, I thought I'd get a little jump start by making the card to hold a gift card from Sears or Home Depot. Lindsay at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff has the perfect digital stamp for this project. I just printed it out and colored it in with a few copics. I added a couple of heavy-duty brads from Stampin Up, did a little sewing and piercing, and then just put it all together. It's hard to resist the urge to add ribbon and buttons, but it is supposed to be a masculine card, afterall. What do you think of that cardstock? It's from the new SU in-colors. The yellow is crushed curry and the brown is soft suede, and both are in textured cardstock. Now, I've just got to get that gift card....sounds like a job for hubby!

By the way, Lindsay still has her special for June going on through the end of the month: spend $10 and get a card kit for free! She's added lots of stuff to the store if you haven't been there lately. You really need to check it out. Oh, and here's a little heads up for you. One of Lindsay's design team members has a freebie this week. You need to do a little blog hopping to find it. Just a little hint: this one will put you in the mood for Independence Day, but I bet you'll be able to figure out other uses for it, too. You can start with the design team links over on the side of my blog or you can head right on over to Lindsay's blog to get the full list of links. Have fun, yall!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Mellow Moss, SU Crushed Curry, SU Soft Suede, GinaK Pure Luxury White CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Most Tools digital stamp
Accessories: SU star brads, Scorebug, ScorePal, Janome Sew Mini, copic markers