Thursday, June 4, 2009

Green Trees


Just a quick post today. I'm totally exhausted! I made eleven cakes in cans. Hopefully, I'll get a picture up of those later, if I have time before I take them off to school to give to my colleagues who have summer birthdays. It's late and I'm tired, but luckily this card came together very quickly.
This is a new, yes new, digital image from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. Actually it's two new images and there are two other trees besides these two. Trees are so trendy right now, so I'm really excited that Lindsay created some in a digital format. There are lots of other new things in the store, and she's running a special throughout the month of June--spend $10 and get a free card kit!
Lindsay challenged us to go green for this week's peek. As you can see, I took her literally and used a lot of the color green on this card. But I also used a recycled item--the ribbon. It came wrapped around a package (can no longer remember on what), and at the time I thought it would come in very handy, but up until now I hadn't used it. But it just seemed perfect for this card. I cinched the ribbon on the side with some twine and ran the twine through the holes in my button. I colored the trees with my copics and stamped the sentiment from a SU sale-abration's set. Now, the tree in middle cannot be purchased yet in the store, but you can get it for free. How? Take a little blog hop to all the blogs of the design team. One of them has a little treat for you, and it is totally free this week. Happy hopping! (Check out the links to the side or start with Lindsay's blog.)