Monday, June 8, 2009

The Desk Set















Just wanted to show off a couple of graduation gifts I made earlier this month. I took pictures before I gave them out, but just hadn't had time to post them. I always give cash for graduation these days because I remember how it was always the favorite gift of my sons' when they graduated, but I wanted to do something a little more special than just hand them a card with some money inside. So, off I went to the dollar store to pick up a few study aides (small notebook, sticky tabs, highlighters, binder clips, small stapler, and some sugar-free gum) which I altered with some Papertrey Ink papers. One of the grads is a female and one a male, but other than changing a few design elements and choosing different papers for each, both got the exact same gift.
I used one of Lauren Meader's Timeless Templates to hold the study aides. This template is called From the Desk Of, and it will be perfect to put on a student desk to hold these and other desktop items a college student might need. I used my copics and my airbrush system to color a button, the chipboard B, and the hardware on one of the gifts. I personalized each deskset with the grads initial and then stuffed a little cash in the accompanying cards.
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Black and White Basics PP (I colored the white in with a green copic) and Raspberry Fizz Mix PP, PTI True Black CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Doodle Ladybug digital stamp, My Grafico owl digital stamp, SU Lovely Letters Alphabet, SU Congrats
Ribbon: PTI Raspberrry Fizz grosgrain ribbon, PTI black satin ribbon
Accessories: My Timeless Template From The Desk Of, Making Memories buttons and felt flowers, copics and an airbrush system, bookplates from Joann's, PaperStudio brads, twine