Thursday, June 18, 2009

Too Sweet!

I have been dying to try this ever since I saw these digital images. Lindsay at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff has some great cupcake images. I used the top of a cupcake for my "ice cream"! Just print out the cupcake after sizing it, color it with copics (of course), and create a "cone". Here's what I did to make my cone. I took some SU Close to Cocoa CS and cut it into a cone shape (yes, by hand!). Then, I ran it through the cuttlebug with a fiskars texture plate to create the waffled effect. I ran a Versamark pad over the raised part and then added chalk. I popped the ice cream part with foam dots to give it some dimension. I'm loving how "cool" this card looks.

On this next card I used a special digital image from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff and you can, too, for FREE! Lindsay is giving away this super cute ice cream float image to anyone who visits my blog this week. This is almost as good as an old-fashioned soda shop. Click here for an ice cream float!

I colored this with my copics again, but to give my ice cream some texture, I used Liquid Applique and "puffed" it with my heat gun.
Isn't that just too sweet! Do you feel the need for something cold and yummy now?
If this puts you in the mood for some more tasty treats, check out Lindsay's shop. You'll find cupcakes, cakes, candies, and more (keep in mind these will only satisfy your hunger for great stamps!). Lindsay has a special all this month--spend $10 in her shop and get a card kit free. Also, be sure to stop by Lindsay's blog, too, and send her some love for this great image! I think she has some more freebies over there. Isn't she sweet! For great inspiration don't forget to check out what the rest of the design team has done this week.
Project Recipe (Ice Cream Cone)
Paper: SU Close to Cocoa CS, SU Bermuda Bay (new stuff), PTI Agua Mist CS, Paper Studio Gingham PP, Ginak Pure Luxury White CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Cupcake 3 digital stamp, GinaK Kindred Greetings For Him (sentiment)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Fiskars Texture plate (squares), Basic Grey Two Scoops glazed brads, Versamark, SU Stampin Pastels, copics and spica glitter pen
Project Recipe (Ice Cream Float)
Paper: SU Brilliant Blue CS. SU Real Red CS, SU Real Red PP, GinaK Pure Luxury White CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Ice Cream Float digital stamp
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities dies, Karen Foster Dark Rainbow Luster mini brads, Marvy Uchida Liquid Applique, Copics