Monday, June 29, 2009

Blue for You Birdie


I had so much fun with yesterday's image, I decided to grab another adorable little birdie from the same set and try again. This is another image from My Grafico's For the Birds digital stamps. I wanted a little more of a peacock feel to this one, so I went with blues and greens and added a little shimmer with a Spica glitter pen. The centers of my flowers are actually some seed beads I had left over from another project. I liked that they, too, were a shimmery blue green. And that's more soon to be retired SU patterned paper in the background. Tomorrow marks the last day before its retirement, but judging from my stash, I'll be still be using it well into the rest of the year! I like the touch of elegance the black added to this card. Even though the black patterned paper is a modern pattern, black always adds some elegance.
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Blue Bayou (retired) CS, SU Parisian Breeze PP, PTI True Black CS, PTI Black & White Basics PP, Ginak Pure Luxury White CS
Stamps: My Grafico For the Birds digital stamp, All That Scraps CC Designs Olivia's Birdies (sentiment)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders rectangle nestabilities, Prima flowers, seed beads (unknown), Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, copic markers and glitter pen