Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday with Mom 7

I am still snowed under with school work, but it's my last week! I've got to keep this pretty brief so that I can head out to work and squeeze in some homework time, too. This week Mom and I tuned in to Stamptv for the tutorial on creating a drop shadow. Be sure to watch Gina's video on how to do this. It's quite simple.
I grabbed a Close to My Heart silhouette set I had never before inked up. I'm pretty much a digi stamp girl these days, but it was kinda fun to ink up a stamp set for a change. This set is called Childhood Portrait. I don't think you can really tell in the picture, but this actually is not a card. It's a stationary box for holding cards, but since I have yet to make the cards that are supposed to go inside, I decided not to show it open.
There is velcro under the large bottom button so that this easily closes and reopens. I used some crocheted lace and added a silk flower that I got from Walmart or the dollar store, but I sprayed it with copics and my airbrush kit. The papers are from an old Wild Asparagus pack that I have had forever.
Mom also didn't create a card this week. She made a bookmark and created a beautiful drop shadow effect with a flower and some embossing.
It looks like the flower is sitting above the bookmark...so cool! The black and gold are an elegant combination. This is almost too pretty to leave hiding inside a book, but at least the recipient will have a treat every time she goes to read!
Thanks for joining us this week. Be sure to get your craft on and then come back next Monday to see what we have in store.