Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday with Mom 9

This week our Paper Dolls Group met and created File Folder Notebooks. The instructions for these are at SCS. We didn't really spend a lot of time embellishing them, so for our Monday with Mom installment this week, Mom and I decided we would embellish them and get them all ready for gift giving. For mine I used the new Sweet n Sassy Everyday Miracles Clear Stamp Set. Tomorrow is the B*I*G Clear stamp release at SNS where six clear stamp sets will be released. Be sure to check out the blog hop tomorrow!
I found the file folders at Walmart along with some coordinating paperclips which I included on the inside. The butterfly is colored, cut and layered on the oval nestabilities die cut. Thanks to my friend Cherie for the tutorial on creating the flower. I used my copic air kit to lightly color the pearls and the edge of the image. Now take a look at the goodies that go on the inside:
Again, I used images from the SNS Everyday Miracles set to decorate the inside. The 5X8 notepad has a decorative strip from some of the leftover file folder and a scrap of my decorative paper. I used the decorative paper to create the flowers on the paperclips.
Mom used a green file folder because she wanted to create a graduation gift for a graduate whose school colors are green and gold. She added a tassel! and some graduation sentiments to create a customized gift for the male graduate!
And now look how she fixed it up on the inside with a little cash to make sure we have a happy grad!
Love that little graduation cap with the tassel! These would also make great Teacher Appreciation gifts, too!
Project Recipe
Paper: WM File Folder, SU Basic Black CS and Raspberry Tart PP (retired)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Nestabilities dies, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, EK Success Flower punch, SU Scalloped Circle punch, copic markers, Spica Atyou markers
Embellishments: Paper Studio pearls, SU Pretty in Pink Corduroy Buttons, HL Decorative ribbon