Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Poppin Up Poppies

I wanted to create this shabby chic look with my new Sweet n Sassy Poppies and Greetings Clear Stamp Set. I looked all over my house for cardboard! Can you believe it? Any other day I would have had cardboard all over the house wondering how I was going to get rid of it all, but the one day I have an idea for using cardboard and I had to scrounge it out of my used book box. But I do love how this turned out!
I added a little gesso to the corner of my cardboard before layering other distressed papers on top. I inked the cardboard too with some Walnut distress ink. I stamped my poppies (aren't they gorgeous?) with Momento Tuxedo black ink so I could color them with my copics. Then, I added a little chalking around the image before cutting it out with my Spellbinders Nestabilities Label die. The crochet ribbon on the edge of a scrap of paper almost give the paper the look of fabric.
I see this as becoming the cover of a mini album. That's why I added the Thinking of You sentiment which is part of the Poppies and Greetings stamp set. To see more of this set, be sure to check out the SNS design team's creations throughout the week and then be sure to join us June 1st for a blog hop!
Project Recipe
Paper: cardboard, Prima Breathe and Sasha Paper Collection, Neenah Classic Solar Crest CS, SU Old Olive CS
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Label 4 Nestabilities, copic markers, Heidi Swapp Distressing Tool
Embellishments: Offray Crochet Ribbon, Cream Tulle, Prima Calypso buttons, SU hardware