Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rest and Relaxation by the Seashore

From the moment I saw the new LSS Seaside Sketches I knew I wanted to create a shadow box. I had to make a special trip to Hobby Lobby for some sand and small shells to make this happen.
The box was from a Christmas ornament, I think. One of those I just couldn't bring myself to throw away because you never know how useful it might be. Actually, this was perfect! It was deep with a clear lid that went all the way to the bottom of the box, so I didn't have to worry about escaping sand. The sides of the box were gold colored which actually also worked out perfectly with the sand. I added a blue mat around my image.
The image is colored with copics and as luck would have it (for once), I even had some Sand Ultra fine Flower Soft to create my beach. I love the peace and tranquility of the Seaside Sketches, but there's something missing...ME in a lounge chair sipping a margarita!!!! Only four more days of school left! Life is good! So grab some digis and your favorite coloring medium and RELAX!
Hey, be sure to head over to Lindsay's blog, the store and the whole design team before you pull out the blender and the sunscreen. Happy Crafting!
Lindsay Weirich (Owner & Stamp Designer)
Cheryl Gorka (DT Coordinator)
Cindi Hooks
Diane Bove
Jennifer Bliss
Karin Martin
Leanne Garner
Lisa Jurecek
Margie Visnick
Melissa Craig
Rebekah Doak
Rhonda Walker
Shannon Neparko
Tamara Bennett
Tracey Allen