Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday with Mom 8

After a two-week break, Mom and I are back at it. This week's challenge from Stamptv was to create images beyond the border with nestabilites. The idea was to stamp an image and cut it out with Spellbinders nestabilities but to have part of the image outside of the border of the die.
I used one on the new clear stamp sets from Sweet n Sassy. If you haven't heard the news yet, Sweet n Sassy is adding clear stamps to the store. June 1st six new sets will be released! There will be a blog hop on that day and a release party. Don't miss all the fun!
I used the Everyday Miracles set to stamp my butterfly with Momento ink in Rich Cocoa and the sentiment in SU Taken with Teal. The paper is from the SU Sweet Pea DSP. I colored the butterfly with my copics and added stickles to part of the image.
I used the My Time Made Easy Trendy Tool Tote Template and my SCAL software and Cricut to create this gift holder. I've been making a lot of these lately and there are more to come. I'm trying to create gifts for some of the office personnel at our school before the school year ends.
Mom created a card for a friend of ours who recently lost her mother. She used the same technique with the nestabilities. Isn't her image gorgeous! I love how this turned out!
Be sure to come back throughout the week as I will continue to give you peeks of the new clear stamps from SNS! Happy Crafting!