Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Goodnight Moon

I rarely make cards for new arrivals because I just don't have much need for them, but a good friend of mine says she's always in need of one to give to her circle of friends and relatives that are expecting. Well, it took very little encouragement to get me going on that since I think baby cards are so adorably fun to make. This sweet image is a new digi stamp from Sweet N Sassy. This one is called Sweet Dreams. The sentiment is from the SNS Little One clear stamp set that will be released the middle of this month. Be looking for it as I will be giving you another sneak peek soon! You can also go to the store and preorder it today!
I love gingham papers so it was just a matter of choosing the color I wanted for this. I wanted something both soft and rich so I combined the soft aqua with the rich purple. I created my ribbons with some ink and seam binding and used my Cuttlebug stars embossing folder on the new SU Concord Grape CS. The aqua papers are from a Paper Studio package I got from Hobby Lobby. I punched out the stars with a couple of SU star punches in two sizes and glazed the yellow ones with some Glassy Accents. The image is colored with my copics.
Cheers!