Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Witchy Brew For You

Talk about a fast and super easy project, this one is all that and more! I recycled a pretty bottle and just poured in some grape soda. You could certainly add some other kind of beverage to this but the grape soda was fast and easy to acquire. I created a "label" for my witch's brew by tracing along the bottle's indentation and cutting out some Basic Grey Eerie paper. Then, using a scrap of the same paper, I printed out this label from the LSS Vintage Halloween set. This set is designed to match with your Spellbinders Labels Nestabilities. You don't have to use the Spellbinder's dies as it is very easy to cut out the label by hand. But I did create a mat for my label with one of the Labels Two  dies. The only thing I did to this image was add some stickles for a little shimmer.
More Basic Grey paper and a paper crimper created the band around the bottle. I added a flower that I custom-colored with my copics. I tied a bow around the top and added the circular label also printed from the LSS Vintage Halloween set and cut and matted using the Spellbinders Classic Circles Nestabilities dies. I really love this set, but I don't have all the Spellbinders Labels dies used and even though I don't "NEED" them for these images, this set sure makes me "WANT" them!
So, how's that for a fast, easy Halloween project. This set would make awesome labels for bottles of soda pop at a Halloween party! And, you are in luck because today only, there is a 40% off sale at LSS, so be sure to head over there and grab this set up! It is only $2.70, no tax and no shipping and you can have it instantly! Can't beat that with a stick (even a witch's broomstick!) Also, don't forget to check out the design team this week where I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration and great ideas, and stop by Lindsay's blog for inspiration and a freebie!
Cheers!