Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jana

Happy birthday to you! My dear friend Jana is having a birthday today and besides wishing her a very special day, I'd like to show you part of her birthday present that I made with my own two hands. The lovely thing about making this for Jana is that she's a papercrafter herself, so she really appreciates the time and effort that went into this!
First, I'll show you the envelope that holds the present. I created this with Lauren Meader's My Time Made Easy Simple Seedling cut file and my Cricut and Sure Cuts Alot software.
I created a band to go around the envelope and then used this great sentiment from the SNS Sew Happy Cocoa clear stamp set. You'll see why this is such an appropriate sentiment for this project in just a minute. I added a bow made from some custom-colored seam binding and some faux stitches. Now look what's inside!
The image and sentiment on the front is also from the Sew Happy Cocoa set! I colored Cocoa with my copics. I did some real stitching around the edges of this project. A few buttons and some more seam binding ribbon finish this off. Now, Jana has a little notebook to put all her crafty ideas in, notes, lists of books she wants to read (wink!), or anything she wants.
I hope she has a great day and I wish that for all of you! Get your craft on today!
Cheers!