Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday with Mom

This week's technique on Stamptv was to use water-based markers to add specific colors to a stamp. So, the copics got a rest this weekend. I used these butterflies from a Stampin Up set. After inking the stamp, I used a Stampin Write marker to add a little dash of color to the center of the butterflies. That's it! Super easy technique. I used the Stampin Up butterfly punch to punch them out and an EK Success punch for my leaf which I colored with a sponge and some inks. I used one of the new Sizzix Tim Holtz embossing folders on the background paper to get some distressing and added more distressing to the edges with my Distrezz-it-all.
Mom created this stunning card using the stamp and marker technique.
I love those brads added to the center of the flowers. What pretty colors and background papers, too. This is really a great technique for creating something special very quickly. It was kind of nice to let the copics sit on the shelf for the day. Though, I'm sure they'll be back in action before the week is over. Have a great day!
Cheers!