Thursday, August 12, 2010

Strawberry Jam

I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich a couple of days ago and used up the last of my strawberry jelly. I started to toss the empty jar of Smuckers in the trash, but I got to thinking about my friends who make homemade jellies. Now, no! I didn't get inspired to whip up a batch of homemade preserves of any kind. I realized the only jam I know how to make is to "jam" a bunch of strawberry candies in a jar! That's about as homemade as it gets around here. And, yes, we're talking store-bought candies. So here's my version of strawberry jam!
Granted, you can't spread this stuff on a sandwich, but it's still looks pretty yummy. The beautiful strawberry image is from the LSS Strawberries and Watermelon Digital Stamp set. I had to use this set one more time to eke out the last juices of summer! I colored the image with my copics, and cut it out using my cuttlebug and Nestabilities Label 10 dies. The ribbon is from a gift set that I salvaged. That's a prima flower on top of the bow. The sentiment is from the PTI Tags for Spring set.
Go ahead...slap some jam on some bread and head on over to the LSS design team blogs to check out all the eye candy for this week...ya know you want to! Be sure to stop over and Lindsay's blog to see what pretties she has "cooked up" and check out her freebie for the week!
Cheers!