Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday with Mom

We went masculine for this Monday's edition. Mom used blues and grays and strong score lines to create a masculine feel for a friend's birthday. She colored this image called SNS Camper with her copic markers and scored around the edges with her Martha Stewart Score board. the ribbon glide also adds another masculine touch!
I created a birthday present for our district's business manager. He seemed a little down in the dumps thinking about his 60th birthday, so I'm hoping this will cheer him up! I haven't made a cake in a can in a long time. I used to make them all the time for my coworkers but this last year I started giving cookies in a box. Since I'm not on any one campus any more, I thought I could bring this out for a new group of recipients.
Yep, that's a chocolate cake in an old green bean can. I actually cook the cake in a different can and transfer the cooled cake over to a decorated can. The cupcake image is from the LSS Sweet Treats 2. The sentiment is from the SU Whimsical Words set. The paper is K&Co's Life's Journey PP. Hope this is a sweet treat for my friend.
Cheers!