Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Birds

 
Lindsay has done it again! She's pulled together another awesome, albeit creepy, set for Halloween. This particular image from the set has left my copic markers crying from neglect because I just printed it out with no coloring at all. I printed on top of some SU Night and Day paper that looks worn and distressed. Then, I "flicked" some blood, I mean red ink across the page after spraying the whole thing with Pearl Glimmer Mist. You can't really see the glimmer in this picture but it's there and looks stunning up close. I went all the way with the distressing on this one. For the background I used the cuttlebug distressed branches folder with brown ink inside the folder. I added a scrap of Basic Grey Wassail red paper which comes distressed. And for good measure, I distressed the edges of the main image. My goodness this looks like something you might find in the cell of a serial killer---BWAHAHAHAHA!
Take a look at this brand new set you can find now at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff:
   
Lindsay's also got a freebie that goes along with this set on her blog today. Be sure to check it out here.
And because this was just too much fun, I've got another project that came together in just minutes using this same set.

 
 I created the paper I printed the ATC Crow on by using a brayer to spread Tangerine Tango ink on PTI Shimmery White Cardstock (a glossy paper works best for this technique). Then, I misted the paper with a little water and sprinkled salt on it. I let it dry all day while I was at work and then, came home and brushed all the salt off. It left the paper with speckles on it. (BTW you can read more about this technique in the October issue of  Scrap and Stamp Art Magazine) Then, I just printed the image on my paper--easy. I used Coredinations Spell Caster CS in my cuttlebug leafy branch folder and sanded the paper after embossing so that the orange showed through.
I think I'm going to make some Halloween goody bags filled with treats for my papercrafting club that meets in a couple of weeks. These cards will be a cute/creepy touch on the outside of the bags.
Not in the Halloween spirit? That's okay. Lindsay has lots of other fabulous images including a set of cupcake wrappers that are cheery and sweet. Take a look:

Glad you could stop by. Happy Haunting!
Project Recipe
(Top Pic)
Paper:SU Basic Gray CS, SU Basic Black, SU Night and Day DSP, Basic Grey Wassail PP
Stamps: LSS Creepy Crows, PTI Spooky Sweets (sentiment)

Accessories: Basic Grey brads, toothbrush and SU Ridinghood Red ink refill, SU Modern Label Punch, white craft ink and embossing powder, cuttlebug, cuttlebug distressed branches embossing folder
(frightful ATC Crow pic)
Paper: SU Dusty Durango Textured CS, Coredinations Spell Caster CS, PTI White Shimmer CS
Stamps: LSS Creepy Crows
Accessories: scrapNfonts Fright Night font, SU large oval punch, SU scalloped oval punch, cuttlebug, cuttlebug leafy branch embossing folder, PTI black twill ribbon, brayer, tangerine tango ink pad, salt