Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Time Sketch 35 and Flower Soft

I've spent most of the long weekend in my craft loft. I did sneak away to pick up some nestabilities dies at Hobby Lobby with a coupon for a little while, but mostly I've been fortunate to get some crafting done. I've got a Stampin Up workshop on Tuesday that I've been preparing for. It will be my first and last one since I cannot comply with Stampin Up's new policy. No hard feelings any more. I've just let it go and realized it's not for me, so that must mean there are lots of new things waiting for me.
Speaking of new things... I picked up some Flower Soft at Scrapbook Gadgets the other day and have finally given it a try! To be honest, I'm not sure if I love it or not. Up close, I'm not crazy about the look, but when I hold it away from me, I think it's gorgeous. But I'm determined to keep trying it on different images. I bought it, I may as well use it (no hoarding...that's my motto!).
Something else I haven't done in a while is one of the My Time To Create Challenges. This week's is a sketch challenge. I stamped out my mailbox images and then colored it with copics. After that, I added some glue and poured on the Flower Soft. The Flower Soft is easy to work with, that's for sure. The cute little butterfly brads are for Lauren. I know she's partial to butterflies! Hope she gets a chance to drop by and see them.
I've got some more projects to work on this weekend and some more to post, too. So check back soon to see what I've been up to.
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Sweet Blush CS, PTI Spring Moss CS, PTI Bitty Dots PP, SU Melon Mambo CS, SU Whisper White
Stamps: Make an Impression Mailbox, PTI Vintage Picnic Sentiments
Accessories: copic markers, Sweet Pea Flower Soft, Mod Blackbird brads