Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Fall, Yall



It's finally here...our first cold front! So it's still 80 degrees, but that's better than upper 90's or the triple digits of the summer!!! Anyway, I'm feeling Fall-ish! Lindsay's Stamp Stuff has done a lot to get me in that mood with some great digi stamp SETS in the store. This flourished crow is part of a whole set of stamps called "Creepy Crow Stamp Set". You get seven really cool images from scary to amazing for only $5. This one was so easy to color. In fact, I'm loving how easy it is to work with this set. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my copics, but sometimes you just want something quick and simple to color but still has a "WOW!" factor to it. That's what this set has to offer. I used three copics for blending my color and I was done. The flourishes and swirls give this image the "WOW!"
The background paper has the look of crackled paint. I don't know if you can see that detail in the picture, but I decided to mimic that with the stamped image. I printed out the crow onto some PTI Rustic White CS, masked the bird, and then stamped over the paper with an SU Weathered background stamp in Close to Cocoa ink. After cutting out the image with a Spellbinders Labels die, I inked the edges and stamped the sentiment. I tied ribbon to the image and then frayed the ribbon a little. My next door neighbor will be getting this card today for his birthday. (I was sorely tempted to add a little sparkle to the bird, but wasn't sure if that would promote a masculine feel to this card, so I left it off. But my fingers were itching!)
Be sure to head over to Lindsay's blog today. I bet there's a freebie on there somewhere. Then, head to the shop to get some of these great digital stamp sets. Don't forget that at LSS if you spend $5, you get a free digital image of your choice emailed right to your computer's doorstep with little or no waiting! Go look at the Halloween sets....C*U*T*E! Now, I'm off to check out what the rest of the LSS design team cooked up. Those ladies are so inspiring!
Project Recipe
Paper: PTI Rustic White CS, PTI Dark Chocolate, PTI Autumn Abundance PP, SU Dusty Durango textured CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Creepy Crow, SU Weathered Background stamp (retired), Verve Birthday Surprise (sentiment), PTI Vintage Labels

Accessories: copic markers, cuttlebug, Spellbinders Labels Two die, Fiskars corner edgers scissors, SU Slot punch, PTI Orange Zest Saddlestitched Grosgrain ribbon