Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Honey


My husband's birthday was Thursday. We went to a football game (HIS favorite activity) and then dinner with family. Since it was his 50th, I had wanted to have a big party, but he was vehemently opposed to the idea. So, this small family gathering was the compromise plan.
When he's not watching football, my husband loves to fish. I bought this stamp a couple of years ago with him in mind. This is the first time it's seen ink. I used SU Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I wanted to be sure the card had strong masculine appeal. So I used sponging and great fall colors to "guy it up". I also added twine instead of ribbon and some great brass brads.
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Mellow Moss, SU Really Rust, SU Chocolate Chip, My Mind's Eye DSP
Stamps: Fisherman Stamp Oasis, Verve Wishing You
Accessories: Paper Studio brads, twine, Zing embossing powder, heat embossing tool, cuttlebug, Spellbinders Oval dies