Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rainy Day Projects

It's been raining here on and off all day which considering that we've been in a drought for the past year is absolutely FANTASTIC! I'm watching it lightning across the lake right now and it is a beautiful sight. What a great day it's been for working on projects.
The Pixie Cottage, a new stamp company with some ultra cute stamps coming out soon, is sponsoring a design team call. I spent the day working on projects to enter in the call, but then I went and checked out the competition and "Wow!" am I ever blown away! You need to check out the store when it opens just to see the work from their new design team because there is some great talent in the running for it.
Pink Daisy May
This project is for the Cute Daisy May challenge this week to use pink and ??? We could pick whatever color we wanted to go along with pink. So I decided to go with pink and pinker and then I threw in a little green, too, just to keep it interesting! This is just the sweetest image EVER! And do you love the flower? I took an inexpensive flower from a "silk" flower stem and inked it up with coordinating inks. The smaller flower in the middle also got a coat of Versamark ink and iridescent embossing powder. See it sparkle. I love taking plain (inexpensive) flowers and making them coordinate with my projects.
Christmas Treats
On this next project I was playing around with some ideas for Christmas (yes, I realize it's only September, but gotta start sometime!) Stampin' Up has these little treat cups and a coordinating stamp set. You punch a hole in the cardstock and slip the treat cups in from behind. Then, you just fill them up with some small goodies and cover the hole in the back. I wanted something a little non-traditional in terms of color, so I pulled out some of the new Bermuda Bay which I think makes quite a statement paired with black and white.

Too Cute to Spook
I also managed to get another Halloween card done. I'm not sure what I  will do with this one but it was a lot of fun to make. The little witch is from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. I thought this little trick-or-treater would work perfectly for the Digital Tuesday challenge which was to include a digital image of a teen or child.
There's a lot going on with this one. The sketch is this week's sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I dusted off my cricut and with the help of Design Studio and SCAL I cut out the swirly oval  and the drippy goo border. The drippy goo is an SVG that I got from the talented Tamara Bennett. I cut it out in black and some DCWV glitter paper. The "Boo" sentiment is a dingbat I got from scrapNfonts for a $1 (the $1 sale continues through Tuesday). I used my copics to color in the little witch and then used my deckle Spellbinders die to cut out and emboss the image. I sponged around the edges before I took the die off. Since I didn't have any Halloween patterned paper, the patterned paper in the background was created using some PTI Black and White Basics patterned paper colored in with an orange copic marker.
Well, that's today's fun! Tomorrow I need to work on some projects for my students and I've got to start planning out the project my papercrafting class is going to do in a couple of weeks. Maybe it'll rain some more--I seem to be very productive when it does!
Project Recipe
(Pink Daisy May)
Paper: PTI Sweet Blush CS, PTI Berry Sorbet CS, Shimmery Green paper (source unknown), PP from Chatterbox Page Kit, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Cute Daisy May Sheet 59, PTI Spring Tags (sentiment)
Accessories: copic markers, cuttlebug, cuttlebug Victorian embossing folder, Spellbinders Label 4 dies, SU slot punch, SU eyelet border punch, PTI Berry Sorbet Ribbon, PTI linen thread, button (unknown source), flowers (Walmart), Versamark ink, Ranger Holographic embossing powder, heat gun
(Christmas Treats)
Paper: SU Whisper White CS, SU Black CS, SU Bermuda Bay textured CS, SU Night and Day DSP
Stamps: SU Sweet Centers, SU Teeny Tiny Wishes (sentiment)
Accessories: SU Sweet Treat Cups, Kaiser Kraft pearls (colored black with copics), PTI True Black Twill ribbon, SU Large Oval Punch, SU Scalloped Oval Punch, EK Success 1 3/4 circle punch, Tic Tacs candy
(Too Cute to Spook)
Paper: SU More Mustard CS, CTMH Black CS, PTI White CS, DCWV Spring Glitter Mat Stack, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS, PTI Black and White Basics PP (colored with copic marker E07), SU Tangerine Tango DSP (retired)
Stamps: LSS Cute Witch
Accessories: DB Fright Night and LD Classy Charm font (ScrapNFonts), copic markers, cuttlebug, SU Movers and Shapers Modern Label die, Spellbinders Large Deckles dies, Cricut Expression, Storybook and George and Basic Shapes cartridges, SCAL and Design Studio software, SU Modern Label punch