Thursday, September 3, 2009

Scared

I've been bitten by the Halloween bug. I don't really do much for Halloween as a general rule: my kids are grown, we live out in the country so no trick-or-treaters, I don't care for dressing up (I do good to pick out something decent to wear on a normal day!). But, in spite of all that, I really wanted to create a cute Halloween card. This isn't it!!!! I don't know what happened to me. I'm EXTREMELY tired and just nothing is coming to me. I love the image, love the colors, love the idea of my spider web, but I just couldn't get all of the elements to come together like I had wanted. I will be working on a "do-over" sometime soon!
Those spooky pumpkins are just great and were a lot of fun to color. You can pick these up at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff for only a dollar and wouldn't they look just great on a kid's treat bag filled with candy corns or something!? The spider web is a Cricut cut but it looks like I need a new blade. I wasn't overly happy with the cut.
Man, I sound like a real downer and I don't mean to. I think I need SLEEP! Okay, here's some really great stuff you need to know. The digi stamp can be found here. And if you, too, are in the Halloween spirit, Lindsay has some other really adorable Halloween images for you and they are so affordable you can pick them all up and qualify for a free one!!! Also, generous Lindsay has a bonus freebie on one of the design team blogs. Start at Lindsay's blog and head over to all the design team blogs to see who's got a treat for you this week. And, folks, stay tuned because I hear Lindsay has some really great stuff in the works in the coming weeks and you won't want to miss anything!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Black CS, SU More Mustard CS, SU Day and Night DSP, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Spooky Pumpkins, PTI Spooky Sweets (sentiment)
Acessories: Cuttlebug, Sizzix Top Note Die, Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities, Cricut, PaperDoll Dressup Cartridge, copic markers, Basic Grey black brads