Monday, September 7, 2009

Dragonfly Delight

Awww! Last day of the long holiday weekend! I've managed to do a lot of crafting this weekend even though my son and his girlfriend have been staying with us. It's been great seeing him, but all the extra cooking has really worn me out (of course, any cooking wears me out!). Anyway, they have just headed back toward Dallas and I have headed up to my craft room.
I prepared this little mini pizza box for one of my co-workers who has a birthday today. These little boxes are super easy to make and you can find the tutorial on SCS. Inside I have placed a very large, high calorie, birthday treat!
The recipe for the Coffee House Cookies can be found on Lauren Meader's blog. I baked up a large batch and keep them individually frozen so I have one ready to go whenever a colleague has a birthday. Now, even though I've only given out a few so far this school year, my stash is getting a little low. I wonder how that has happened (hee, hee, like I don't know).
The Copic Creations Challenge blog challenge is to use your favorite copic color combination. Lately, I've really been "feeling" the purple. I don't know if I have one favorite combination, but thanks to this SU Cottage Wall paper, I've been really drawn to the purples and greens. So I printed out the beautiful dragonfly digistamp from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, and grabbed some purple and green copics to color her in. I added shimmer with my Spica Atyou Glitter pens.
The Digital Tuesday Challenge of the week was to add pearls and lace. The lace was created with a Martha Stewart border punch and the pearls are a combination of Kaiser pearls and Making Memories pearl brads. Got those pretty flowers at Hobby Lobby this week at half off. I know no one does flowers quite like Prima, but these are looking pretty good for Paper Studio!
Project Supplies
Paper: SU Rich Razzleberry CS, SU Old Olive CS, SU Orchid Opulence CS, SU Cottage Wall DSP, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Dragonfly, PTI Tags for Spring (sentiment)
Accessories: copic markers, Spica Atyou Glitter pens, Making Memories Wedding brads, KaiserKraft pearls, Paper Studio Spare Parts paper flowers, Martha Stewart Lace Doily border punch, SU 5-Petal flower punch, scorepal