Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Air Mail


Aww! How tweet! This little birdie is another cutie from the LSS Love Grows Here digital stamp set. He's all set to deliver a little Valentine's love to someone special. I colored him in with my copics and prisma pencils. Then, I grabbed some scraps from the scrap drawer. The scalloped heart is a new EK Success punch that I just love, paired with a Paper Shapers (also by EK Success) medium heart punch. I took a large yellow button and ran some ribbon through the buttonholes which I then tied in a simple knot. A little more ribbon for a pretty bow and some tiny buttons and this sweet card was done! I love when a project comes together this easy.
Good thing it was a quick, easy project because I've started my master's classes and I've got lots of reading and writing to do on top of my regular work and my hobby (passion). I'm not sure how often I'll get to hang out in the craft room over the next few months but I'm gonna grab whatever time I can. But for now, I'm off to do some required reading (good thing it's good reading!).
Project Recipe
Paper: Scraps (?), SU Razzleberry Lemonade, GinaK White Pure Luxury CS
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Rectangle Nestabilities, EK Success Scalloped Heart punch, medium heart punch, bow easy, copic markers, prisma pencils
Embellishments: PTI Lemon Tart Satin ribbon, PTI Scarlet Jewel Extra Fine Polka Dot Satin ribbon, buttons