Tuesday, January 5, 2010

LSS Recipe Folio and SCAL


What a cute little box! It's supposed to be a recipe folio, but I'm thinking this would hold some neat little goodies. I'm thinking even a couple of cookies could go in here as a special treat for Valentines or some other special occasion. I am really loving these SVG files from LSS. A Cricut, SCAL software and an inexpensive cut file and in a few minutes, I've got a great little project finished up. I used Velcro dots to keep the box closed.
The special thing about these SVG files is that they can be resized very easily. I love giving gift cards but am always looking for a gift box to hold them. This little box could so easily be made smaller and then filled with a gift card and a little filler. Then, it looks like I really put a lot of effort into a simple gift! You can find this recipe folio set here. And be sure to check out my post from yesterday for another project using an SVG file from LSS.
I have so much paper it borders on a sin! So, I'm trying super duper hard to refrain from buying any more and just using up my stash, but, oh, what a challenge! I did use some CTMH papers that I've had for a while. I really like using the CTMH cardstock that comes in these sets because the cardstock is a little thinner than that I get from SU or PTI. That makes it a little easier to cut with my Cricut and a little easier to work with, but it still provides enough structure to keep the project stiff.
Project Recipe
Paper: CTMH That's Amore
Stamps: PTI Handwritten Notes
Tools: Cricut, SCAL, LSS Recipe Cards and Folio SVG
Embellishments: Paper Studio Spare Parts Designer Silk Flower brads, PTI Dark Chocolate Grosgrain ribbon, SU Tag punches, Prima flower, SU red brad