Monday, January 11, 2010

From the Heart


I have really depleted my stash of birthday cards, so when I decided to participate in the Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge last week, I knew I had to make a birthday card. I know it looks like it should be a Valentine's card or something but the card reads "From the heart (cover)...a very happy birthday (inside)". I love this little cherry image from a new set at LSS called Love is in the Air. I colored it with my copics. The sentiment stamps are from Verve. I added a little embossed piece to this and created a "ribbon" with my Martha Stewart Lattice border punch. My absolute favorite aspect of this card is the great gingham paper in the background. I designed the whole card around that paper. This is from the DCWV Farmer's Market Recycled Paper Pack. I hope I can part with this when the time comes...
Project Recipe
Paper: DCWV Farmer's Market PP, SU Real Red and Always Artichoke CS, SU Rockabilly DSP, Ginak White Pure Luxury CS
Stamps: LSS Love Is In the Air, Verve Thankful Hearts
Tools: cuttlebug, embossing folder, Spellbinders Deckled Nestabilities dies, EK Success Medium Heart Punch, Martha Stewart Lattice border punch, copic markers