Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cuttin Up with Shutt-erfly

My Cricut is a smokin'! And I've fallen in love with it again. Yes, Provo Craft is finally releasing cartridges more frequently and are even offering more affordable options, but that's not what's rekindled the romance with my Cricut. No, there has just been a rash of designers offering better and better SVG files for cutting with the Cricut and SCAL (or the new Make the Cut). You can see some great projects I've made with SVG cut files from LSS  here, here, and here. But the project I created today is from another 3D template designer--Lauren Meader of My Time Made Easy. Lauren's started a new company offering mainly digital products and featuring templates for creating great and easy 3D projects.

This template is called Shutt-erfly because of its unique closure. I chose not to feature the top closure, but instead focused in on the daisy which I also created using another SVG file called Flutters and Flowers from My Time Made Easy. I have unlimited cuts from the files, and they can be resized to fit whatever project I'm working on.
I just think these SVG files are a much better investment than cartridges which I never seem to use. Of course, in case you can't tell, I'm very partial to gift packaging and love the ease of cutting these with a machine instead of a pair of scissors!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Rich Razzleberry, SU Orchid Opulence, SU Old Olive, SU Cottage Wall DSP
Tools: Cricut, SCAL, My Time Made Easy Shutt-erfly and Flutters and Flowers SVG cut files, SU Tag punches (large and small), Martha Stewart lattice border punch
Embellishments: Recollections brad (Michaels)