Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bingo

Panic set in today when I really LOOKed at a calendar and saw how close Valentine's is getting. I'm determined to have a treat for each of my one hundred students for this holiday. I didn't do it for Christmas and consoled myself with the thought that I most definitely would do a Valentine's Day project for them and our 40 plus faculty/staff. Now, I'm wondering when this miracle is going to occur! But I'm definitely in the mood for Valentine's. As a warm up I created a couple of great cards that I can send to friends, anyway!
I used the same digital stamp for both cards but went in a couple of different directions with color.

My first one shows the Love Grows Bingo digital stamp from the LSS Love Grows Here digital stamp set. I print the image out on pink cardstock, added a little extra color and shimmer with a Spica pink glitter pen, and then added the cute red punched hearts. The pink patterned paper in the background is some old SU paper that I've been hoarding! The bow is a strip of fabric I had in a jar for no telling how long...I think it's left over from an old scrapbook project. Do you love the scalloped heart under the sentiment? It's a new punch...LOVE IT!

For the next card, I went for the more dramatic red and black. It's my favorite of the two.

I printed out the same Love Grows Bingo digital stamp but this time on white cardstock. I, then, colored "love" in with a Spica lipstick glitter pen and added more of the punched red hearts for a winning card! I matted the image with both red and black and gave each mat a lattice border.The background paper is some Scenic Route Sonoma paper. I used a red felt heart that I won in a drawing at a scrapbook store a long time ago. See, it does pay to hold on to stuff!

Now, I did have a third card to show you using a different image from the LSS Love Grows Here digital stamp set, BUT my memory card reader went kapoot (sp?) on me and that' a trip to Walmart to replace it...maybe later this week I can get that one up. I am so loving this stamp set. If you haven't bought it yet, be sure to visit Lindsay's Stamp Stuff and check it out...really cute images there! Lot's of other goodies in the store to help you get ready for Valentine's or any other occasion you find yourself needing a card!

Also, be sure to go over to the side bar and visit Lindsay's design team for more inspiration and don't skip Lindsay's blog because there's always a great project and freebie!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Black CS, SU Berry Bliss DSP (retired), Scenic Route Sonoma PP, PTI White CS, DCWV glitter pack
Stamps: LSS Love Grows Here digital stamp set, PTI Heart Prints (sentiment)
Tools: EK Success Scalloped heart punch, Paper Shapers medium heart punch, Martha Stewart Lattice border punch, small heart punch (unknown), Spica Atyou Glitter pens, ink/sponge
Embellishments: red felt heart, scrap faabric, Ribbon FX black checked ribbon (Hobby Lobby)