Sunday, January 17, 2010

Old-Fashion Charm


Wanted to use my favorite cardstock color, SU's Sage Shadow, and create a card with little old-fashioned appeal. I took some GinaK Tan Leather Pure Luxury cardstock and did a little heat embossing to create the flourished background. I had some Cosmo Cricket Wanted chipboard pieces that incorporated these colors, so I added the chipboard photo corners to the corners and put my sentiment on top of an oval chipboard piece from the set. The sentiment is from the Verve set Fairy Tales. I stamped it with brown craft ink and then heat embossed it. I wrapped SU's wide striped ribbon in chocolate chip around the base and tied a bow. I love that this looks like an old photo.
I had a very productive weekend. I got my craft room semi organized. I so need to add on to this room! I did complete several cards and a few other projects which I'll show you later in the week. The weather was also great this weekend which helps my mojo...I do love some sunshine! Have a great week!
Project Recipe
Paper: SU Sage Shadow cs, GinaK Tan Leather Pure Luxury cs
Stamps: SU Baroque Motif, Verve Fairy Tales
Tools: heat embossing powder, heat gun, SU Large Oval punch, SU Scalloped Oval Punch
Embellishments: SU Chocolate Chip Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Cosmo Cricket Wanted chipboard